Figuring out how to pick the perfect dress is a scary subject. You want to look amazing for homecoming, so getting it right is important. Here are some top tips for doing just that.
Picking the Perfect Homecoming Dress
Here are some quick and easy tips to remember:
- Triangle shapes – If you are heavier on the bottom and smaller on top, pick a longer bodice and full skirt to cover up the ups. Keep an eye out for cap sleeves and cinched waists, too, that help to create a balanced ensemble.
- Fuller figures – Go for shorter hems and empire waists that will help you look longer and leaner.
- Thin figure without curves – If you are slender, you can create the illusion of curves with an A-line or bubble hem dress. Go for dresses that have details on top to give the illusion of fuller busts. You can also opt for a floor length ball gown to help play up your attributes, along with a colour that matches your skin tone.
- Pear shape or hourglass – If you have full bust and hips but a small waist, you will look great in just about any style, especially dresses with shorter hems, cinched waists, and those that are strapless.
- Inverted triangle – If you are fuller on top, choose from the selection of homecoming dresses for sale that have simple necklines, at the top to draw attention away from that area. You could also create balance by opting for a fuller skirt.
- Shorter figures – If you are short, a short hemline will work really well, such as mid-knee or even mid-calf dresses that won’t overshadow your petite frame. Solid colours and smaller details are best bet so that people see you and not only your dress.
How to Minimize the Appearance of Bulges and Bumps
Believe it or not, there are a few miraculous things out there to help you minimize certain assets or just create a much smoother look under your dream dress. Check out local department stores and lingerie stores for shape wear like thigh slimmers or cinchers. There is now a wide variety of styles on the market that will suit you no matter what dress you choose to wear for homecoming.
What About Accessories for Your Homecoming Dress?
If you want to change up your look for homecoming, consider adding a hair extension clip to create a whole new look. Other hot accessories for homecoming include braided or flowered headbands, rhinestone hair clips, strappy metallic heels, and even beaded clutch purses.
What’s On the Red Carpet?
If you are aiming for a red carpet look for your special homecoming dance, you may want to opt for the single strap dresses, sequins, short flirty hemlines, and embellishments in size, shape, and colour – but obviously not all on the same dress! This homecoming trend is about tons of fun, and shades of plums, papayas, and yellows!